Explore Pelee Island, a local tour operator, provides guides that will show you all the hidden gems in Canada’s southernmost community while also sharing some of the island’s obscure historical facts. Whether you hope on a tour bus, take a biking tour, or use your legs to explore the island, Explore Pelee Island tour company is a great choice for capture the best of Canada’s Caribbean.
Explore Pelee Island by bike and be amazed at the ancient ruins, lighthouse, bakery, and cemetery. Starting from Comfortech Bicycle shop by West Deck, visitors can choice from several types of tours ranging from two to four hours and easy to moderate level biking. See the information below as an example itinerary.
Vin Villa Ruins Tour
Vin Villa was the first commercial estate winery established in 1866. Now in ruins, interested parties and one hour tour of the historical winery and discover the history of wine making. Adults $20 | Children $10 | Seniors $18 | Private Tours Available
SUP Clinics (Stand Up Paddle Boarding)
Available three times summer 2014, Stand Up Paddle Boarding Clinic offers a fun-filled day on the water off the north shore of Pelee Island. $20 with your board & gear | $30 with their board & gear
Choose between the Geology Tour, Agricultural Tour, or Cemetery Tour for 2-3 hours of exploration. Featuring topics like the Middle Devonian landscape, farming practices, and veteran sacrifices, visitors can enjoy an exclusive tour on many different topics. $50/person | 4ppl min.
BASIC DAY TRIP INFORMATION:
- 9:30am: Arrive to Ferry Dock. Purchase ferry tickets and board the ferry.
- 10-11:30am: Ferry Sails to Pelee Island
- 11:35am: Arrive to Pelee Island, walk off the ferry, exit the ferry terminal gates and look to the right and you’ll see guides in Explore Pelee T-shirts by an ISLAND TOURS sign and the Big Red Van.
- 12-1:55pm: South Shore Bike Tour finishing @ Pelee Island Winery
- 12-3:30pm: Lighthouse Bike Tour
- 2-3:30pm: Pelee Island Winery Tour & Tastings
- 3:30pm: West Dock to purchase return tickets (3 minute bike ride from Winery)
- 4pm: Ferry departs Pelee Island back to Mainland
- 5:30pm: Arrive to Leamington or Kingsville dock
For more information visit: http://explorepelee.com